Spesialis Elektronik – Didactum 14260 Water Leak Sensing Cable
The moisture or water leakage can have devastating consequences. Leakage due to bad weather or a burst pipeline can release a significant amount of water in the building. In the worst case, a water damage that has not been discovered in time can mean the end of the affected infrastructure.
As part of the monitoring of the building, use Didactum’s field-proven Water Leak Sensing Cable. This Water Leak Sensing Cable is used for the reliable detection of moisture and water leakage. It can detect clean, dirty and even distilled water. Acids, alkalis, alcohols and other electrically conductive liquids can also be detected by this detection cable.
Here in the online store you can order the Water Leak Sensing Cable in lengths of 10, 15, 25 and 50 meters (32/49/82/164 ft). On request Didactum offers individual cables with a total length of up to 400 meters (1312 ft).
Typical applications of the Water Leak Sensing Cable are:
- Monitoring of the double floor in research, development, laboratory and clean rooms
- Detection of moisture and water damage in the raised floor of server room and data center
- Monitoring water pipes and hoses
- Detection of water leakage along walls (leaky masonry)
- Detection of water damage in the attic, basement, heating system, underground parking
- Monitoring of catch basins and drip pans
The installation of Water Leak Sensing Cable is easy. Mounting material in the form of mounting clips is included. After you have installed the water detection cable to the area or along a pipeline, simply connect it via plug and play with the Didactum Water Leak Cable Sensor (item E_14020) (must be ordered separately).
The sensor is then connected with the included RJ11 patch cable to a free sensor port of the IP-based Didactum remote monitoring and alert system (ordered separately). With the support of it`s auto-identification function, the sensor including the water leak sensing cable is automatically detected.
Alerting when water leakage is detected
In the multi-lingual web interface of the Didactum remote monitoring device, you can easily specify how to be notified and alerted when moisture or water damage is detected. Each remote monitoring device works stand-alone and can send messages and alerts in the form of SNMP traps, e-mail or SMS (via GSM or LTE modem or e-mail to SMS Gateway). The intelligent logic allows the mapping of a variety of automatic actions.
Since the Water Leak Cable Sensor is equipped with an SNMP OID, the current status of the water alarm cable (wet / dry) can be queried / polled with an SNMP command (Simple Network Management Protocol) and transmitted via TCP / IP network or Internet. The escape of moisture or water can also be reported on request by an alarm siren with flash light.
To do this, simply connect the siren to one of the two 12V relay outputs of this Ethernet-based remote monitoring unit. Of course, the water damage can also be signaled by relays. The premium monitoring devices of the model series 500 II / 500 II DC / 600/700) are equipped with bistable 230V / 10A relays. Here you can, for example, connect pumps, which are then automatically switched on in case of water leakage.
Alarm map for quick localization of water leakage
Each IP-based monitoring and control system is equipped with an integrated alarm card function. Simply load the floor plan of the monitored infrastructure into the Didactum alarm card. If the Water Leak Sensing Cable then detects moisture or the escape of water-containing liquids, this will be displayed flashing on the alarm card in the multi-lingual web interface.
Of course, other important sensors (motion detector, door contacts, smoke detector, single spot water sensor, etc.) can be included in this map. For critical events and status changes (over-temperature, dew-point formation, etc.), the control center can coordinate the required operations and initiate targeted countermeasures.
Extension of the Water detection cable
If you would like to lengthen your Water Leak Sensing Cable later, simply remove the screwed connection at the end of the cable. Then simply screw on another water detection cable. The total length of the leakage cable can be a maximum of 1,000 meters (3280 ft).
The Water Leak Cable Sensor (item E_14020) and the IP-based monitoring device are not included in the delivery of the Water Leak Sensing Cable. These must be ordered separately here in this online store.
- Suitable for : all IP-based remote monitoring units from manufacturer Didactum
- Connection : Water Leak Cable Sensor (not included)
- Auto identification : Yes. Water Leak Cable Sensor is automatically detected by monitoring unit.
- SNMP OID : Yes. Water Leak Cable Sensor can be queried via SNMP command.
- Measuring range : wet or dry
- Detection range : Detects moisture and water-containing fluids along the entire cable length
- Cover : Fluoropolymer hose
- Available cable length : 10, 15, 25 and 50 meters. On request individual lengths of up to 400 meters.
- Cascadable : Yes. Single water detection cables can be connected.
- Maximum cable length : The total length of the water alarm cable can be up to 1000 meters.
- Permissible operating environment : -10 ° to max. +70 ° Celsius
- Drying time : Water Leak Sensing Cable dries within about 30 seconds after being dried with a dry, clean cloth
- Breaking strength cable : approx. 70 kg (without sensor unit)
- Abrasion cable resistance : approx. 65 cycles according to UL 719 standard (without sensor unit)
- Weight : approx. 0.6 kg / m
- Certificates : CE, RoHS
- HS Code : 8544 49 200
- Scope of delivery : Didactum water alarm chain according to selection, suitable for the detection of water and moisture.
- Hints : If the water alarm cable comes into contact with substances containing acids, alkalis, petrol or oil, it should not be reused.
Please order required water sensor for water detection chain separately.