Spesialis Elektronik – Didactum 14260.4 Water Detection Cable
Water detection chain for Didactum water sensor – detection of water leakage and humidity
In server rooms and data centres there are usually raised floors. In order to reliably detect water and moisture leaks in the raised floor, the Didactum water detection chain should be installed here. This leakage cable is 3 metres long and is simply inserted into the raised floor of the data centre or server room. (Drain) water and cooling lines can also be equipped with this water leakage cable, which is manufactured in the EU.
Then connect the leakage cable to the Didactum sensor water for water detection chain. Via RJ-12 patch cable, this sensor is connected to a Didactum Monitoring System 100/200/300/400/500/500DC/600/700 and automatically displayed in the German-language web interface via auto-identification.
You already have a field-proven water warning system for your data centre, server room or technical room. Protect even unmanned locations in remote branches from undetected water damage and the associated consequential costs!
Water leaks, moisture and puddles are reliably detected by this water warning system. The networked Didactum monitoring systems warn of leaks via e-mail, SMS*, telephone dialling* (via GSM or LTE modem) and SNMP traps to network monitoring systems (including CA Spectrum, IBM Tivoli, Nagios, OpenNMS, PRTG, WhatsUp Gold, Zabbix, etc.). If desired, the Ethernet-based monitoring systems of the manufacturer Didactum can also report the leakage of water audiovisually via alarm siren with flashing light.
The Didactum measuring and alarm systems can also forward the report of the water damage to the house and building services. The sensor mapping function integrated in the Didactum monitoring devices can also display the water leakage on the alarm card.
By drying, the leakage tape can be easily reused.
The water chain is available in a wide variety of lengths. Standard is the water chain with a length of 3 metres, which is shown on the right side. To get a different length of the chain, just click here. There you simply select the option “Length of water chain”. Here you can then select the appropriate length.
To put the water chain into operation, you need the sensor water detection chain (to be purchased separately). The water detection chain is simply screwed to this sensor.
Then connect the sensor to your monitoring system using the RJ11 patch cable (included in delivery). Then enter the desired notifications and alarm messages and the monitoring can start.
|Didactum sensor for water detection chain
|The connection is made to the water sensor for water detection chain (can be ordered separately).
|Yes. The sensor water detection chain is automatically recognised by the monitoring system.
|Yes. The sensor water detection chain can be queried via SNMP command (wet/dry).
|Produced in the EU
|Yes. Individual water alarm chains can be screwed together. Maximum length 50 metres.
- Suiteable for: all IP-based infrastructure monitoring devices of the manufacturer Didactum
- Connection: Sensor water for water detection chain required (not included in scope of delivery)
- Auto identification: Yes, the water sensor for the water detection chain is automatically recognised by the alarm system.
- SNMP OID: Yes. Water sensor for water detection chain can be queried via SNMP. Cable measuring range: wet or dry
- Detection range: Detects moisture and liquids containing water along the entire cable length.
- Sheathing: Fluoropolymer hose
- Cable lenght: 3 metres. Individual lengths of up to 400 metres available on request.
- Cascadable: Yes. Individual water detection cables from Didactum can be screwed together.
- Maximum cable lenght: The total length of the water detection cable can be up to 1000 metres.
Permissible operating environment: -10° to max. +70° Celsius
- Drying time: Water detection cable dries within approx. 30 seconds after being wiped with a dry, clean cloth.
- Cable breaking strength: approx. 70 kg (without sensor unit)
- Abrasion resistance cable: approx. 65 cycles according to UL 719 standard (without sensor unit)
- Weight: approx. 0.6 kg/m
- Certificates: CE, RoHS
- Product tariff number: 8544 49 200
- Scope of delivery: Didactum water detection chain depending on selection, suitable for the detection of water and moisture.
- Notes: If the water detection cable has come into contact with substances containing acid, alkali, petrol or oil, it should not be reused.
Please order the required water sensor for the water detection chain separately.